Thursday, September 13, 2012

High Tea at Alyssa's

This fabric was on special for $3 a metre at Spotlight. I thought that was cheap enough to practice making my first skirt (without a pattern - I figured I hardly needed a pattern to make a skirt right?). It actually turned out wearable!



The skirt is lined with a plain pink tana lawn. I used store bought bias tape for the trim and added a fun tie for the back. In the next photo you can see my first attempt at a pocket. It ended up making the skirt a bit stiff though. I contemplated removing it but couldn't be bothered in the end. She might use it?!?


Getting grubby:



I don't know why peoples reaction is always slightly negative 'oh-poor-you-now-its-all-on' when they find out your bubba is walking. It's totally fun! Alyssa really enjoyed helping herself to the reels of cotton in the shop today, taking them off the shelf and then putting them back on. Plus her summer wardrobe is going to be filled with skirts and dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share