Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Sew Sweet Patterns Summer Romper variation

I loved how totally super silly easy the Sew Sweet Patterns Summer Romper was to make. See my first version here.

However, I wanted to make another one as although the pattern fits well it was not totally functional. The original pattern has a tie that is threaded through the top. It kept coming undone and I could tell it was annoying Alyssa.


I had some old fabric that needed using up and since it was totally cheap - I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to fabric (it's EXPENSIVE!) - I thought a romper would be good for daycare. Alyssa is attending three days a week so a lot of her wardrobe needs to be practical: 'I-can-get-filthy-in-this-and-mum-won't-freak' sort of thing :)

I think it turned out too cute for daycare. So the next day I made another one exactly the same.

I attached some trim to the top sides, front and back, and then turned it inside and inserted elastic. No annoying tie. It comes off quickly and is easy to put back on. I think this would be a good solution for girls who can dress themselves. How hard would it be to tie a tie on your shoulder? The only other change I made was to use an extra 2 inches of elastic for the ankle casing which meant that they still gathered in at the ankles but where not too tight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share