Thursday, May 31, 2012

My First Quilt

I have no idea the correct process for making a quilt. My first attempt involved sewing two pieces of material right sides together along with the cotton batting on one side and then turning it right sides out. Dah da. A quilt! The cotton batting moved and the whole thing warped a bit, and then my hand stitching at the top fell apart.  So, last week I took to it with the scissors. 

I still have no idea of the correct process for making a quilt. This one has seams down the centre to help secure the batting inside. I really need to take a class. It's on my to-do list.

I ran out of material so it doesn't tuck down the sides. I did buy the fabric with nothing in mind. When I do that, I never seem to have enough. 




1 comment:

  1. I think your quilt is adorable! I love the fabrics and design you've chosen.
    I've learned quilting from many different blogs & books (I like to get them from the library). Congrats on giving it a try & making a beautiful quilt, too! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Share